In Filipino, one might use English and Spanish numbers each in talking and writing however by no means within the formal theme writing (teachers). Listed here are the numbers in three languages (observe that I organize it on this manner-Filipino, English, Spanish, and Filipinized Spanish numbers):
- Isa, one, uno, (similar).
- Dalawa, two, dos, (similar).
- Tatlo, three, tres, (similar).
- Apat, 4, cuatro, kwatro.
- Lima, 5, cinco, singko.
- Anim, six, seis, sais.
- Pito, seven, siete, syete.
- Walo, eight, ocho, otso.
- Siyam, 9, nueve, nwebe.
- Sampu, ten, diez, dyis.
As you’ll be able to see, I’ve right here a forth entry which is the Filipinized model of the Spanish. It is because, the Abakada (Latin alphabet primarily based on Tagalog language) omitted some letters present in Spanish alphabet. Nonetheless, Filipino language right now have its trendy alphabet (that features letters, C, F, J, Q, V, X, Z) since there’s a want to make use of these letters to adapt to adjustments (with none confusion with as a result of limitations in spelling of the previous commonplace. The entire numbers introduced above could also be used interchangeably. Discover the (similar) within the first three row of the final column. The spelling is much like the unique. As for numbers eleven to nineteen, just by placing labing previous to the primary 9 numbers we focus on will make it the Filipino numbers. The phrase labing is derived from labi which implies stays. That’s to say, eleven in Filipino could also be interpreted as remaining one and twelve, remaining two and so forth. For the Spanish and the filipinized model, I checklist them under. The format is Spanish, filipinized model.
- As soon as, onse.
- Doce, dose.
- Trece, trese.
- Catorce, katorse.
- Quince, kince.
- Dieciseis, dyesisais.
- Diecisiete, dyesisyete.
- Dieciocho, dyesiotso.
- Diecinueve, dyesinwebe.
As for twenty, I’ll group it along with the others by ten. You’ll discover that on the finish of each quantity have this MPU connected. This may be interpreted as ten occasions any given numbers from one to 9. Again to the Filipino phrase for ten, the prefix sam is definitely the phrase isang which is derived type the phrase isa or one. This may be interpreted as one multiplies by ten or ten. The format is Filipino, Spanish, and Filipinized model.
- Sampu, diez, dyis.
- Dalawampu, veinte, bente.
- Tatlompu, treinta, trenta.
- Apatnapu, cuarenta, kwarenta.
- Limampu, cincuenta, singkwenta.
- Animnapu, sesenta, (similar).
- Pitompu, setenta, (similar).
- Walompu, ochenta, otsenta.
- Siyamnapu, noventa, nobenta.
The suffix pu as I stated earlier denotes ten however what in regards to the m earlier than pu. This letter is definitely the modifier particle na or ng. The sound adjustments relying on the close to by sounds so do not be confused with this. Solely forth, sixty, and ninety possess the na. That’s as a result of previous to na, there’s consonant sound. /t/ and /m/ sounds. As for the remainder, all of them have vowel sounds so m is added. As for ng, we’ll focus on this quickly. Let’s proceed from twenty to twenty 9.
- Dalawampu’t isa, veinteuno, benteuno.
- Dalawampu’t dalawa, veintedos, bentedos.
- Dalawampu’t tatlo, veintetres, bentetres.
- Dalawampu’t apat, veintecuatro, bentekwatro.
- Dalawampu’t lima, veintecinco, bentesingko.
- Dalawampu’t anim, veinteseis, bentesais.
- Dalawampu’t pito, veintesiete, bentesyete.
- Dalawampu’t walo, veinteocho, benteotso.
- Dalwampu’t siyam, veintenueve, bentenwebe.
Discover the apostrophe? Right here, twenty one for instance may be twenty and one because the ‘t is definitely at which implies and in Filipino. All the best way to ninety 9, this sample is adopted. As for the Spanish, Let’s have one other instance to point out readability.
- Treinta y uno, trentay uno.
- Cuarenta y dos, kwarentay dos.
- Cincuenta y tres, singkwentay tres.
- Sesenta y cuatro, sesentay kwatro.
- Setenta y cinco, setentay singko.
- Ochenta y seis, otsentay sais.
- Noventa y siete, nobentay syete.
Discover that within the unique, numbers are expressed in three phrases and the y within the Filipinized model was absorbed by the primary phrase. Observe this sample as a way to use these Spanish numbers the Filipino type.